Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Baby Boy

What a shock it was, after being convinced I was carrying a little girl, to see clear and vivid proof that my instincts were wrong. We were are having a boy! Both of us are so excited, and we have to keep reminding ourselves that there is a little man growing inside of me. We were both set and ready to have a girl, and we both expected that news yesterday when I had my ultrasound.


The very first thing we saw when she put the sonogram on my stomach was two little legs, spread eagle, showing of his "gender". I about jumped off the bed when I saw this, and its so funny to us that he was practically saying, "Mom, you were wrong. Now stop calling me a she!"


We are so in love with him already!


Before the ultrasound, I drank a full glass of OJ to give him some energy for his pictures, and it worked REALLY WELL! He would not sit still for an instant, and its so weird that I am barely feeling him considering he was stretching out, kicking, punching and practicing what looked like jiu-jitsu moves :)


Here are some pictures of him, and although most babies look like this in their first pictures, I can already tell he is going to be one handsome guy!


And even though he seemed quite proud of his manhood, we are going to keep that picture to ourselves so that he'll have a little modestly left.
He's already signing!

We are so thankful to be a part of this, and we cant wait to meet him come April. Thank you to everyone who offered prayers when we were having trouble achieving this little miracle. He's here because of all of the faith that was involved.

17 comments:

Loni said...

I am so excited for you! Boys are THE BEST!! Congrats!!

Nick and Tiffany said...

Awe, he's definitely going to be a cutey!! Congrats!!!

manders said...

How exciting. You are going to love having a little boy. I love my little girl but having a little boy is much less maintnance and its just fun. Can't wait to see him. Luv ya

BENDEL FAMILY said...

I second that Loni - BOYS are the BEST! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited fro you both... and he does not seem so modest?? LOL

Bart and Jill said...

A BOY!!! whoopeeeee! That means our little guys can play!!! Congrads! Any names yet??

The Cox Trio said...

Eli is excited to meet his playmate! Hurry up little boy, grow big and strong! :-)

merideth said...

congrats. he is going to be one good lookin kid. yay for baby boys.

The Powells said...

Congrats Holly! I'm excited for you guys. Boys are LOTS of fun and LOTS of energy... prepare yourself!

Candace Nelson said...

CONGRATS!!! I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS!!

Kathy said...

Nothing better than boys, and we should know!! It's gonna melt your heart when he is old enough to ask you to "marry him"!! Just the best memories ever are coming your way. Boys are loyal, low maintenance and absolutely adorable!!
Hugs,
Wendell & Kathy

The Owens said...

Oh you're having a little boy! I totally though that Jacob was going to be a girl too! I even had dreams that he was a girl even after I found out we were having a boy. I was SO sure that I was having a girl! But now that I have him, I can't picture having anything else, he was meant to be in our family at this time. You're going to LOVE being a mom and you're going to make an awesome one! Congratulations and hope your doing well in your pregnancy.

Oh and let me know how much you charge for photos, I think that you are an amazing photographer and I would LOVE to get together and take pictures of Jacob.

Jessica Kettle said...

oh yay! You will love having a boy- it's so fun! I was convinced I was having a girl too and really didn't believe it for the longest time, like the owens, I even had dreams about him being a girl! I couldn't believe my instincts were so off. haha! But really once he got here it was just the best, and he is just as loving and sweet and laid back as I was hoping a girl would be. His owl room will be so cute- heads up, I saw some amazing owl bedding at merry-go-round in Bellevue once. I would bet they still have it! Congratulations again!

Jessica Kettle said...

oh yay! You will love having a boy- it's so fun! I was convinced I was having a girl too and really didn't believe it for the longest time, like the owens, I even had dreams about him being a girl! I couldn't believe my instincts were so off. haha! But really once he got here it was just the best, and he is just as loving and sweet and laid back as I was hoping a girl would be. His owl room will be so cute- heads up, I saw some amazing owl bedding at merry-go-round in Bellevue once. I would bet they still have it! Congratulations again!

Kathryn said...

That is so exciting!!! I LOVE BOYS. Granted I might be bias since I have three. But they are so much fun. Congrats

Kylee said...

Congrats!! Boys are so much fun! We get to play football, basketball, golf, soccer, etc all day long. In my personal opinion that is much better than playing house and doing a doll's hair. Anyway, I am so happy for you guys!!

Unknown said...

A BOY!!!! CONGRATS!!! that is very exciting!

Lindsay said...

Yay! A boy! Boys are the best. That's so exciting!