Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

First off, we hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. We had a great weekend, and got all the turkey we could muster.
On Wednesday after work, Matt and I met Cory and Alex at Petco to buy them puppy supplies for an early Christmas present. Dundee is still such a good pup, and had a great time playing around with all the toys. He was all tuckered out by the end of the trip!
Thanksgiving morning we headed over to my parents to help prepare the feast. My mom had set up a beautiful dining room complete with place setting cards. The boys got to watch a little football too, which is a must on this holiday. My parents had no idea that Cory had a new puppy, so it was a huge surprise when they walked into the house with Dundee. My mom melted! She is the biggest Aussie fan on planet earth, not to mention its like having a new grand baby. Her "cooking all day" stress was gone in an instant. Her dogs Boomer and Bandi were also very interested in this new addition. The dinner was great, the pies were wonderful and the company (dogs and all) was perfect. We had a great time (and a small nap.)
After a few hours at the Bailey's, Matt and I headed out to Shilshole to meet up with his family for dinner at "Ray's".This was the second year that we have eaten at Rays, and it was good, but not impressive. So Jan decided that she would go ahead and make a thanksgiving feast on Sunday.
After our last Sunday at in the Issaquah 5th ward, we drove out to the Aprecio's and had a very fun night. Chris, Tiffany and Garrett joined us, and dinner was so good. The turkey was huge! Matt got to help with the turkey and the rest of the goods along with watching a little football with his dad.At dinner we got to open "poppers" and all of us got really fun (but cheesy) gifts. Then Shauna and Garrett made dessert, and everyone partook! It was so good.After dinner, we all got to try our skills at Guitar Hero, including Jan!
Then we all got into teams and played a few games of "Guesstures". Here is Matt during his turn. Can you tell what the word is that he is acting out?
If you have realized that there are no full body shots of me, thats because I have gained weight after eating 3 THANKSGIVING FEASTS in one weekend and I am embarrassed of my size. :)

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

it looks like a fun and BUSY weekend! Is today the big day?!?!?!?

Lindsey said...

frankinstine? I give up....he looks like some kind of monster

Bailey Bunch said...

It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Congrats on the house!

Colton said...

Oh, yeah, Holly. I'm sure that you weigh like 86 pounds now. How do you live with yourself?

And I am going to guess that Matt is imitating...a zombie. Or an accident victim with his arms in splints. Or Mozart, with carpal tunnel and no elbows. I give up.

I want to steal Dundee.

I wish I had some leftover turkey.

I wish I had a new house.

I wish I had a Princess.

Stef said...

Glad you had fun! I know how you feel though! We had tons to eat not to mention pie, ice cream AND birthday cake, and then my parents sent us home with the left over cake and a whole dutch apple pie, followed by the next day when danny's dad and step mom brought a pumpkin pie (goodthing I don't like pumpkin pie!)