Monday, September 24, 2007

La Conner

This weekend the band had a gig up north in La Conner for a wedding on the beach. It was a beautiful setting, and luckily I got there early enough to have my own quiet time at the ocean. (it was MUCH needed!) I found a very remote beach where I was able to park my car on the sand and take some pictures. Side note-I think that there is a part of me that wants to be a photographer, but then the rest of me really isn't that good at taking pictures nor does it have the time to learn. But I do have an obsession with taking them, and then staring at them for hours after. I think it drives Matt crazy because we will go some where to be together, and all I do is walk around taking shots! I never leave the house without my trusty Cannon digital! I have been this way for as long as I can remember, and I cant even begin to tell you how many useless pictures I have sitting around of leaves and other peoples pets. Im totally nuts.Anyway, it was nice to be able to relax for an hour (and take tons of guilt free pictures). The weather was perfect, the ocean was so peaceful and my new hair cut looked really cute. (I might be a little snotty today) The gig was also a lot of fun. We played after the wedding dinner, and needless to say, after plenty of drinking. This not only makes people more entertaining for us, but it makes the band sound so much better! As my dad sometimes says "The more you drink, the better we sound." (in no way does About Face support the action of drinking) We were a big hit, and got a pretty good tip out of it. The perfect ending to the day was the awesome sunset that we were able to watch during one of our breaks. The sky was so pink.

6 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Hottie, you should ask Santa for a "real" camera like you had in New York (except digital). You do take great pictures...almost without fail, the best pictures of my kids (and my favorites) are the ones that YOU take (or Becca or Jason, for that matter). Keep up the good work...(you should HEAR the tantrum tha Baub is throwing right now -- she is one loud, stubborn little girl...)

Stef said...

thoes are some great pictures. photographer or not still great!

Lindsey said...

awesome shots!! you have a great eye for design...you don't need to be a photographer to appreciate good pictures!! keep it up! I am the same way (prob why I took almost 100 pics a day in Europe!)how's your honey feeling?

manders said...

These are beautiful pictures you really should think about being a photographer. You captured everything perfectly.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Holly, I love your pictures!! Your pictures are so interesting, and just plain good!!