Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pumpkins

This weekend, despite the awful head colds we were fighting, we went out to a farm in our area for a little autumn fun. It was a lovely 70 degrees and perfectly sunny. Wait, where do we live again?

Sam and Daddy got to fish in the trout pond. It only took 30 seconds before one was hooked. Sam told me later, "The fish wagged it's tail and splashed me. I don't want to do that again, it was gross."
 Somehow I got talked into riding the barrel wagon with Sam. Pretty sure my butt bones are still bruised. #fakesmiles #longest5minutesofmylife
 Sam was the leader while we explored the corn maze so naturally we went in lots of circles. 
 We each picked out a pumpkin and I am pretty excited to carve them with Sammy!

 Today was a cold foggy morning, more like the fall's we are used to here in the PNW. Sammy had his very first School Field Trip and he was thrilled to go check out Carleton Farms.

Um, Marty McFly?
 Over 3 feet!
 Laughing with our friends on the Hay Ride.
 Each pre-schooler got to pick out a pumpkin. Sam pointed his out before the hay ride had even stopped. It was fate.

 Then the teachers got to shoot their pumpkins out into the field with the Pumpkin Cannon. Sam was very entertained. 
 After all the events we got to play around at the farm for a little while. Sam wanted to try the zip line. I had just finished telling another parent how bored he gets on "thrilling" rides. Yup, that's about right.

1 comment:

Colton said...

I love that vest. I want one.