Thursday, April 21, 2011

The zoo, after hours.

Stress levels are extremely high here in the Aprecio household. Its been a little rough for us all. On Tuesday, after working 3 days in a row with Courtney, Sam and I took off to my parents house to leave Matt home to tend to job searching and test taking.

I needed to get out. It was imperative. So my Mom, Sam and I hopped into the car and drove out to Tacoma to go to the zoo.

We arrived at 3:30. The Zoo closed at 4.

Darn it.

I wasn't about to turn around, so we went in anyway. It just so "happened" (quite possibly on purpose) that we were as far as possible from the zoo exit at the time the park closed. So we HAD to meander our way through all of the yet-to-be-seen exhibits on our way out. ;)

It was amazing to be the ONLY people in Pointe Difiance. It wasn't until we had seen it all that we got caught and asked by an employee if  "we knew the zoo was closed."

Oh, we knew! But we're rebels.

Sammy and Grandma at the shark exhibit.
April Pics 071
Watching the big nurse sharks.
April Pics 087
We got to watch the young tigers tackle their mommy. We had no crowds in our way.
April Pics 057
Sam was very entertained.
April Pics 033
I'm not sure what he would have done had he caught it.
April Pics 007

We ended the day back at Grandma and Bub's house for some nice, relaxing hot tubbin'. Ahhh....
April Pics 116

1 comment:

Colton said...

I love the zoo. All zoos. The ones with fish tanks are especially nice. I'm glad you had a fun time. I hope Sam grows up to be a scientist.