Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our First April Post

Yikes. 10 days into this month and I have yet to update. Thanks to my Dad for the brash "friendly" reminder.

We really haven't done a lot since we returned home from California. It took us a good week to cure ourselves of coughs, runny noses and exhaustion but we are starting to mend and get out of the house a little.

On Thursday and Friday there was this bright light that appeared in the sky. We ventured out to see what it was.

Sun? Could it be?!

It was glorious.

The new light made it possible to view our yard in a way that we hadn't seen it in months. Dirty. Messy. Weed-y. Time to work. Sam and I put on our gettin' dirty clothes and started a'fixin'. Matt came home and joined in the party.

We were able to do so much! Its a relief to have yard work checked off the to do list.
BEFORE:
 AFTER:
Such a difference, right?

Matt has been a busy boy with school. Its a lot of work, but he seems to be really enjoying it. It takes him away from us Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but we are 1/3 of the way done! Hooray!

When he's not busy with school, he is working hard running the family staffing agency. (That makes it sound like he staffs families. Need a mom? Haha. This is not the case. Its a Nursing Agency started and owned by his mother. Matts runs it. Got it? Okay, moving on.)  However, it doesn't bring in the money we would like (millions, please!) so he is searching far and wide for another position. We are hoping for something to come along sooner than later.

For now, a lot of our income will be coming in from the photo shoots that I am able to schedule. (which would be a lot easier if the weather would cooperate!) Luckily, my summer is booking up full and fast with weddings and I get to travel for some of them. I'm pretty excited.

I am also busy creating marketing campaigns and informative cards for mine and other business's. Its keeping me on my toes, but it doesn't bring in the money right away. Sigh.

Anyway, our Sam is doing great. And guess what?! His birthday party is this weekend! I cant believe my little brown, crazy-haired baby is going to be 2! When did that happen?

Sammy is all about Woody from Toy Story, so we decided that a cowboy party was in order. I dressed him up in some western wear and asked him to make a grumpy face.

Could this be any more perfect?
Wanted2
The glare. The pursed lips. The REAL bruise on his forehead. Gosh darn it I love that there cowpoke.

We are pretty excited to celebrate :)

Welp, that's about it for now. Hopefully the spring will bring lots of fun activities for us and we will actually have something great to blog about!

1 comment:

Colton said...

Hahaha...when I saw the first picture, I was like "Hey, that isn't what their yard looks like!" And then I saw the second one and realized that you were, in fact, just a heinous liar.

I like the new fixation. Cowboy stuff is my area of expertise. By the way, can't wait to see y'all in September! I hope that you guys will be in town either the first or the second weekend!