Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Our first Thanksgiving together as a family, and I forgot to get a picture. Oops. I was having so much fun, it didn't even cross my mind.

This year both our families joined together for Thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful. Matt and I have had a hard time in the past fitting in two families and two dinners. We are thankful that we were all able to get together for this holiday, and we had a great time eating, catching up and playing lots of wii.

Matt and I have so much to be thankful for. We have a beautiful warm home, cars that are in good working order, knowledge of the gospel, jobs, fun and cuddly pets, and a wonderful Son who we love very much.
We are so thankful for our family. We are blessed that we live close to our parents and siblings, and that we can travel easily to the rest of our loved ones.
We are also so thankful for our friends. We have the best in the world, seriously.
We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
In other news, I put the tree up this year a little earlier than I usually do in hopes that the "wow" factor would fade by the time Sam is crawling. Here are some pictures of his first view of the Christmas tree!
He likes it, but luckily isn't too interested in anything that isn't one of his dogs :)

6 comments:

The Cox Trio said...

So jealous! I want to put up a tree soooo bad but I don't think its worth the fight all day to keep Eli away from it...

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Holly,
Sam is adorable! I just want to stare at his little face all day :) Enjoy this time when he isn't mobile. lol
Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving! I am grateful we are able to keep in touch through our blogs

Colton said...

That second picture of Sam reminds me of this book I read once about a guy who had a pet raccoon that destroyed the family Christmas tree because it was so sparkly. It dashed my dreams of having a pet raccoon.

Speaking of wii, have you tried the new Mario game? The one where you can play four people on the screen at the same time? It is a ridiculous amount of fun (and mayhem). My thumbs are still sore from playing it at my friends' house four days ago.

The Dillon 6 said...

great pictures!!

Sarah ~ put a smaller than normal tree on a small'ish table and then fence it off...the kid won't be able to get to it.

:)

Dena Coleman Bailey and Randy Bailey said...

I love these pictures of Sam the Man. Merry Christmas