Friday, July 20, 2007

Today

...is my last day working for my dad. I have been "content" working here as it has been good pay and not stressful. I was hoping (and originally told) that I would be more used for design work rather than office work, but alas, there is not enough to go around. I will start my own business at home, and hopefully be able to get a lot of work that way. I know that I am good at design, I just hope that I am motivated being my own boss.

...the weather is miserable. The About Face Band, that I am a member of, is supposed to play at the Bite of Seattle this afternoon but I am not sure that we are going to be able to use our electric equipment. Even if we do, I doubt there will be much of a crowd in this torrential rain.

...I am feeling better about myself. I have been a little on the depressed side for reasons unknown and I woke up this morning a tad refreshed. Maybe I finally caught up on the sleep that I have needed. Maybe it was the amazing tortellini Gorgonzola I ate last night. Or maybe its the fact that I "dressed up" a bit for the gig today. Sometimes looking cute is a great antidepressant.

...I hope that there are no messes to take care of when I get home. Lately there has been a lot to do around the house and it has not assisted me much in my stress and depression.

...I read Shannon's post about the Northwest, and even if it is ugly outside right now, I do feel really blessed to live here. Thank you Shannon for the reminder that Washington is such a great place to be.

...I am so in love with Matt, not that that is anything new, but today especially. He bought me a card for no reason, and left it in my car for me so that when I got in, I had a sweet reminder that I have very little to complain about. It said very little, but it meant a lot.

...the movie "Hairspray" came out, and I am super excited to see it. I was very impressed with the Broadway show, and I love the cast of this version. Hooray for John Travolta dressed in drag. I think it may be something worth seeing.

...I am ready for a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am ready to be an aunt. i think that is what is getting you down. time to take you to a fertility clinic!!! ooh, if you get twins, can i have one? labor sounds like a drag.

Unknown said...

Lol at shannon's comment! Hi Shannon, do you remember me?

Anyways Holly I'm posting cause I wanted to let you know we're coming up to WA Aug 5th through 25th and it'd be fun to get together. Email me or something and I'll give you my phone number.

janel_marie@Yahoo.com

The Powells said...

Hey Holly! I haven't talked to you in forever - how is life? I found your blog on Lindseys? I think?! Congrats on getting married...over a year ago! I had no idea. WOW. You are still as skinny and beautiful as you always were!