Friday, July 13, 2007

Kayaking

Shannon and I finally bought our very own kayaks! I have been asking for one for Christmas since we moved to Washington and I am so excited to now have it! Shannon and her husband Tyler live on Lake Washington so we are going to store it there this summer so that we don't have to haul it all around. Luckily they are small enough to fit in our cars, so we have plans to paddle around the San Juan's, Cedar River and the Puget Sound. We are so giddy!
Shannon and I went and picked up our boats on Wednesday, and took them out on the water as soon as we got them home! Then, yesterday Matt and I headed back out to their place to try them out again. Shan and Tyler also made us a wonderful summer meal of chicken "kaabaabs",and we had a swell time eating out on the porch. It was such a beautiful day!

Last night Shannon and I paddled out to Boeing field and watched the planes come in. It was a great workout. I am excited to get in shape, and have a great time doing it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tyler and I went down part of the cedar river tonight after he got home from work!!! it was so fun to float down the river, but once we got past boeing it was such hard work going into the wind all the way home. i was sore when i woke up and now im going to be paralyzed from the waist up. i loooove youuuuu

Jessica Kettle said...

Ha ha! I love that you kayaked in the grass. Fabulous.

Lindsey said...

How fun!! I am a bit jealous! Make sure that you wear your life jacket, esp. in the Grass...you just never know.