Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Kindergarten


I totally cried. Dropping my "mini me" off for his first day of school was scary. He'll be learning things that I didn't teach him. He'll get hurt and not have mommy to run to. He will achieve something big and not come running to me first. And it will be this way until he graduates….blarg.

Other selfish reasons to want this kid around include having him help me reach the remote, grab diapers and entertain his brother. Wow, I sound lazy. Also, Im so going to miss our daily adventures and morning cuddles on the couch.

But you know what, Im so proud of Sam. He's strong, independent and a seriously special kid. Sam is SO very social and has had no reservations about saying good bye to home life and hello to his education and new friends. His only fear, "getting hungry"during class. ;)

I have PLENTY to keep my busy while Sam's away at school. Miles is as needy as ever and I think I am really going to enjoy my one on one time with him. Oh, and maybe a new show to binge watch? Probably.

Here's to a new school year, a big kid and a growing brain! Go Sam!!

No comments: