Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Week

(Sorry for all the instagram pics. I left my nice camera at home)

Miles is a week old. Wow, time is flying by. 

We are still awaiting clearance to leave Utah with him and I am getting more and more anxious to be home as the days go by. Matty, my Mom and Sam have all returned to Washington, and Miles and I are just semi-patiently waiting for the go-ahead. 


I am enjoying my alone time with "Mymy." He is such a chill baby. He is becoming more and more alert every day and loves to be talked to. 


He sleeps best while being held and although that will be a problem soon, I am soaking up the opportunity to cuddle. 

Miles has the longest arms and the strongest neck! He can already hold his head up and look around a room. It makes him seem so much older than he is. 


Last night was my first night alone with Miles. We did pretty good. He is still a little confused about when to be awake and when to sleep but we are working on it. 


This picture melts me, especially because when he smiles he reminds me of his amazing birthmother. I am so thankful for her, and especially grateful for this amazing little boy. 

I am feeling especially lucky today. How could I not?


1 comment:

Sara said...

Holly, Miles is so precious! What a smile! Congrats!