Friday, March 30, 2007

Arizona!


Matt and I went to Arizona last weekend to see my family. My Grandma Bailey has not been doing very well, and I wanted to see her before she passes away. It was really hard for me, as I have never really lost a grandparent that I was close to, but it was also very rewarding to see her. I love my grandparents so much, and I hope that Matt and I will be as happily devoted to eachother as they are still today.
While we were in AZ we explored the deserts, went to the zoo where we pet stingrays and visited all the family. We had a really great time.

This is us at the zoo. I went here a lot as a little girl, so it was a lot of fun to go back and get pictures that look almost the same as the ones I have growing up. (Except Im older, and with my husband now:)

We got to go the Temple the first day we were there. Both my parents and grandparents were sealed together here, so it was really neat to see it for the first time. Its the only other Temple I have been to so far, and it is so beautiful.

These are some other pictures from the zoo. They have a stingray enclosure that allows you to reach in and touch the rays. It was really neat. Matt and I got to snorkle with rays on our honeymoon, so it was nice to get to do it again. This zoo was so much fun.

1 comment:

Jessica Kettle said...

You guys are so cute! I love that first picture of the two of you with the cacti. Or is it cactus? Cactuses? I'm afraid I learned very little in college. Anyway, it sounds like you had an amazing time! I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother. You're in our thoughts and prayers.